Sat, May 01|
Stephanie H Weill Center
Young Musical Stars
Time & Location
May 01, 2021, 12:00 AM
Stephanie H Weill Center, 826 N 8th St, Sheboygan, WI 53081, USA
About the event
About the Concert The concert will feature young musicians—college-age and below—who study with private teachers in and around Sheboygan. It is meant to be a celebration and therefore all genres of music will be accepted. We are asking teachers to select works for their students that are “audience-pleasers.” Guidelines for Entry
- Students can perform on any instrument, but students must secure their own accompanist. Ensembles are also welcome.
- In order to perform, students must be referred by their private music teacher. All participating students should be taking lessons with a private teacher at the time of the concert.
- Private teachers are responsible for their student’s concert preparation and making certain that the student is 100% ready for the performance.
- Each student is only allowed to play one selection.
- Student performances must be under 6 minutes. Shorter works are encouraged however, as there are time concerns due to the number of performers.
- If a student is recommended to perform on more that one instrument, both selections should total no more than 8 minutes time.
- Memorization is strongly encouraged but not required.